I love titles. They are like the candied fruit that sits upon the icing that sits upon the cake.
Now I want cake.
Ok, for the past several months, I have wanted to change my blog name.
To be honest, I think it is not original or clever enough. On top of that, I feel it is too wordy and, therefore, hard to remember.
I have been wanting to switch to a private domain (a “.com” versus a “wordpress.com”) for quite some time now, but before I do that, I want to make sure I have the perfect blog title!
Here’s where YOU come in!
I am tired of racking my brain trying to figure something out.
I need your help!
Since I regard all of you as a clever bunch of folks, I know you will come up with something wonderful.
Here are some facts to help you……
My Title and The Story Behind It
I decided on “Tales of a Clyde Woman” because:
- I love collecting and sharing stories (or tales) of my life and others lives.
- I live in Clyde, Texas.
- I am a woman.
Upsides To My Current Title
- It is all-inclusive. Tales can come from anywhere whether I am cooking, crafting or just plain existing.
- Putting the name of “Clyde” out there is a good thing for our little town.
- Keeping my name means I won’t loose too many readers in the transition to “.com.”
Downsides To My Current Title
- It is too wordy.
- I don’t think it’s clever ‘nuf.
- I don’t really talk much about the town of Clyde in my blog. And if I ever choose to move, then what?
- There’s already a Pioneer Woman. Why do we need a Clyde Woman?
*I feel like my own name, Leilani, is unique and might be a possible good use of self-branding in my new title. (Thanks, Mom!)
*I’d like the title to be about 3 words. (But I am up for ALL suggestions!)
*Some deets about me:
- I love cats, cooking, doing things myself, learning how to do everything so I can do it myself, canning food, eating food, gardening, eating stuff from my garden
- I tend to be a late bloomer. I’m usually the last one to catch on or figure something out.
- Heaven to me is a big garden tea party complete with dancing. And cats in clothing.
Thank you so much for your help!
I cannot wait to see what you all come up with. Please message me your ideas here or on Facebook or via email at email@example.com.
To the winner will go my last big jar of homemade apricot jam!
I love jam. (Please add that to the list.)
Speaking of finding the right title, head over to Write Right for advice on titles from my writer pal, Erin!